Total Pageviews

Monday 19 March 2012

Judging a Book by its Cover

Monday 19 March 2012 - Judging a book by its cover is something I’ve been guilty of lately, the first instance was when without hearing X-factor runner up Marcus Collins’ debut album I assumed it would be a generic over-produced piece of pop fodder. How wrong I was; yes it’s mostly covers and sounds a tad rushed, but proves he can sing very well. (This said it will not be finding its way onto my iPod).

Another instance occurred when shopping I spotted 100_5046chocolate covered marshmallows with instead of jam, Turkish delight. Now I’m not a lover of all things sweet, and I don’t have a particular liking to chocolate; but something about them made me want them. I purchased the Mallows, took them home and popped them into the kitchen cupboard, and forgot about them.

Ms Grace by The Tymes shuffled on the iPod and my mind shuffled, making me remember the Mallows in the cupboard. I’ve always liked Turkish Delight, so open them in anticipation of a taste sensation, however I am profoundly disappointed. There’s hardly enough Turkish beneath the mallow to delight. No doubt the remaining eight will sit inside the cupboard until they’ve expired their best by date.

100_5008A few weeks ago I was in a store in town when I spotted on a shelf, tinned Brussels sprouts. Now, I have always been a lover of the sprout, whether frozen or fresh, but tinned ones just seems wrong. The can comes complete with the boast, France’s favourite vegetables, printed on the bottom of the label; so buying into the marketing, I purchase a can and take it home.

Upon opening the can the smell that escapes is dreadful, and the green, almost brown looking mush inside looks positively unappetising. Needless to say, they may be France’s favourite, but they are now languishing in the bottom of my dustbin. I’ll be sticking to frozen and fresh in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment